Create Your Own Professional Blog In Less Than 10 Minutes And Start Earning While You Travel ...
How Can A Self Hosted Blog Help You To Travel More?
- You can use your blog to create multiple income streams online and offline
- You can work from anywhere in the world (location independent)
- You can use your blog as a portfolio to attract paid freelance work while you travel
- You can use your blog as tool to exchange links/reviews for accommodation, tours and more (if you're in a relevant niche)
- You may be invited to attend paid press trips and events (depending on your audience and niche)
How Can You Earn Money Blogging?
- Advertising networks - Companies pay ad networks to have their ads displayed across a range of sites. If you choose to display these ads you'll generally be paid per click (CPC) or per 1000 impressions (CPM). Popular ad networks include Google Adsense and Taboola.
- Direct advertising - Companies come direct to you to display their ads on your site. Again, you are usually paid per click (CPC) or per 1000 impressions (CPM).
- Advertorials/sponsored content - Companies pay you to publish articles with back links to their sites. Compensation varies depending on the work involved and is generally a one off payment.
- Affiliate marketing - You can sign up to be an affiliate for a company and receive commissions when you make sales through promoting their products with your special ID. Depending on the type of products you're promoting, commissions can vary from as little as 3% all the way up to 90% (seriously!). Popular networks include Clickbank, Commission Junction and Amazon Associates but for higher commissions you can contact product owners directly.
- Info product creation - You can create and sell educational information products in your niche. Common info products include eBooks, courses, mentoring groups and webinars. Common niches include weight loss/nutrition, fitness, health/well-being, business and relationships. Again, how much you charge depends on your product and niche but there are people out there selling access to mentoring groups for $100,000 a pop.
- Services - You can use your blog to promote your online and offline services which could be anything from freelance writing, social media consulting and website design to speaking at live events, coaching and running tours.
- eCommerce - You can use a section of your blog to sell physical products, such as books, clothing and jewellery.
What Is A Self Hosted Blog And Why Start One?
- A self hosted blog domain looks like storyv.com, rather than storyv.blogspot.com or storyv.wordpress.com
- A self hosted blog is your very own site - you own the rights and you make all the decisions. It's like owning a piece of internet land (and yes, you can build it up and sell it later on).
- You have full control over how you monetize with a self hosted blog. Free blog networks come with monetization restrictions - some don't allow you to display any advertising at all!
- Hosting your own blog looks far more professional when you're running a business and gives you authority in your niche- having a free .blogspot domain doesn't exactly demonstrate that you take your business seriously.
- Self hosting is way safer. If you decided to start a free blog with Blogger and then the company went bust, all of your hard work would go down the drain along with your entire business.
- You don't need to know anything about website development, coding or design because with a self hosted website you can use content management systems such as WordPress to produce beautiful, high quality and well functioning blogs.
Why Use Bluehost For Your First Blog?
- It's very cost effective - through our discount link you can host a blog for as little as $3.95 per month!
- If you purchase 12 months of hosting (which we highly recommend) you will receive your domain for free. We do not recommend paying month by month because it's inconvenient and if you miss a payment, your site will go down (meaning no income!)
- It's so quick and simple to set up a blog through Bluehost - you can do it in 10 minutes or less with one-click WordPress installation (watch our tutorial video)
- Awesome customer service - if you've got a problem or question you can contact them in a flash through their live chat system or on the phone
What Is The Difference Between Wordpress.org And Wordpress.com?
- WordPress.org is a fantastic content management system most people use when they are self hosted. This is where you can build your blog by giving it a theme/design and making use of plugins, writing pages and blog posts and uploading media.
- WordPress.org is the backend of your site, where you will always work from.
- WordPress.com is different. WordPress.com is the free blog network you can use if you are not self hosted (storyv.wordpress.com).
- When you host your new blog with Bluehost you will be prompted to start blogging in WordPress with an easy one-click installation of the program.